Saturday, April 2, 2011

MINECRAFT - Taking the Gaming World by Storm


Minecraft...the creative game developed by Notch, as he is known on the internet, whose real name is Markus Persson has recently exploded with popularity. The simplistic graphics, unlimited terrain, and endless creativity truly create a very satisfying experience for me as I play this game. I enjoy the ability to break down my surroundings (mountains, trees, lakes, deserts, etc.) to build impressive constructs with my friends. The game takes on an absolutely active approach, apposed to a didactic approach. Being a game, this doesn't take form in suggested material or a storyline, but it rather allows the user to be one-hundred percent actively engaged in the construction of their surroundings. This is a great game for anyone who has even the slightest shred of creativity. THEY get to decide exactly what they want to build, whether it be an airplane, fort, forest, or a simple mine deep underground. This game truly represents my passion in building from the ground up when I am creating something. I rarely like building on others' ideas, but rather have a start-from-scratch approach. This game is radically different from any others I have seen thus far, and I plan to develop brand new ideas for video games that I will program in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment