Saturday, April 2, 2011

Michael Bublé is Definitely Feeling Good


Michael Bublé truly has an excellent way of bringing up the listener's spirits with this amazing song. Originally performed by Nina Simone, he doesn't change much as far as the song goes, but he adds essential elements that really make the song "pop". At the 2:15 mark in the video, the song uses the tension and release technique, as the audio is forced into complete silence for a couple of seconds before it moves to the most powerful progression of the song. Throughout the rest of the song, there is always background music, even if he is not singing all of the time. That method breaks the trend of constant sound, and makes the listener wonder what is coming next. I enjoy this song because it is an excellent cover song of a less-than-spectacular one. All of this is opinion of course. Feeling Good always brings me up when I'm down, and that is what matters. The symbolism in the words is extremely meaningful, as it expresses one's overcoming of obstacles and starting with a "clean slate", if you will. As a creator, I always try to tie the meaning of my creation into my values, ideas, and the things I hold dear. By doing this, the creation is much more meaningful, and it will always make me take pride and satisfaction in my works.

No comments:

Post a Comment